OCTOBER 20, 2019
The annual meeting of the Board was held on October 20, 2019 at the Suarez Family Brewery, just prior to the member’s fall meeting. Chairman Kaare Christian presided. Directors Michael Hamilton, Colleen Lutz, Daniel P. Odell, Jamie Purinton and Conrad Vispo were present, as was Jaia Orient, Treasurer.
- The minutes of the meeting of May 16, 2019 were approved
- Chairman Christian and Directors Dueker and Hamilton were re-elected for a three-year term.
- Jan Borchert was elected to serve as Director for a one-year term, to fill the unexpired term of Ellen Jouret-Epstein who had resigned from the Board. The Chairman acknowledged his appreciation for her service.
- Director Christian was re-elected as Chairman.
- The current officers were also re-elected, as follows:
President Kaare Christian
Vice President Michael Hamilton
Treasurer Jaia Orient
Secretary Daniel P. Odell
- Chairman Christian reported on recent corporate activities, including the filing with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) (subsequently approved), and RJWC’s participation in the NYS DEC’s Trees for Tribs program, planting native trees and shrubs along a section of the Roeliff Jansen. The Board was advised that additional plantings were to be scheduled. The Chairman also discussed progress in fundraising and in town outreach.
- Jaia Orient, Treasurer, reported that since her report at the meeting in May the Corporation had earned $2.11 in interest, and that current net assets were $840.81.
- Chairman Christian reviewed the Annual Conflicts of Interest statement that the NYS Not for Profit Corporation Law and the Corporation’s Bylaws require of all directors and officers.